phyzis

Friday, May 20, 2005


i told myself initially that i dont really want to get so involved in my work. to prevent the possibility of burnt out. something which i experienced previously.

but i got two calls about two days ago...and i think sometimes we just cant help but be drawn into things.


1. the call from the boss.

he reminds me of my ex boss. the thing about my bosses is that they and their work are one. you can't separate these guys from their job. they live and breathe their jobs.

as it is..i got a call from my boss who was suppose to be on a break and was on his way to the swimming pool. he called me while on the public transport, to highlight a point i had gotten down in the notes. which he had gone through several times. and yet there was something still tak kena.

it's something to get used to, to be picked upon on that way, eventhough i know i am not the only one he does that to. so that's some consolation..and the assurance that your final piece has been QCed..

then again remembered why i had tried to get to his team in the first place. this very nature of his. that he is good. and that's the only way i can learn at the job. me still being a greenhorn.

as much as it irritates me, i very well know i needed that. plus its not really bad actually. my boss and the previous ones before him, we get to do verbal sparring on issues so they dont really cramp any of our styles.

2. the call from someone i work with.

this was something which i am not very used to. previously the only times when i will be on calls off duty with my clients will be if i have to 'chase' them and then i had to involuntariy do an international call. but since my work is local now, it was a local call...but it came at some ungodly hour.

and it was somewhat a distress call. the subject of the call was itself not so distressing especially hearing it as a third person. it was actually the emotions placed on the matter which was slightly disturbing. then it reminded me that the faces i see everyday, have their own stories and carry with them some baggage.

and i somehow knew there was actually something bigger to it. and today i was proved right.

it was still a new and strange experience for me that someone could open up to me that way.

1 Comments:

Blogger Hus said...

I blog toink toink here! Niway...out of curiosity, are u Is, izadnhana's cousin? Hehe..not kepo hor...out of curiosity only :)

7:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home