phyzis

Monday, May 02, 2005



one of the things you learn after marriage..or more so after marriage, is the need to 'jaga each other's hati'

one of my fav reads, m/o/k/c/i/k/n/a/b's blog first highlighted this under the tittle of

Why it's OK (for the wife) to be Neurotic.


it's originally taken from islamonline..Husbands do take note.

Mutual Expression of Love Between the Spouses

" I have been married for five years now. I experienced very hard psychological and financial problems, which, thanks to Allah, eventually came to an end.

I love my wife so much and she loves me, but she always accuses me of not expressing my love to her, and of being practical more than necessary while she is so romantic. She has been repeating such words so many times that I have grown to hate myself recently, though I do my best to ensure happiness for her and for my home. What shall I do? "


and the answer from the muftis themselves who after all understand the fragility of a woman's heart:

"She deserves that you listen to her, praise her, and sympathize with her when she is troubled. She really needs this. She cannot ask anyone else for such things; she is a good believer and a sincere wife who can never ask another man for such emotions. Do you like her to be miserable? Do you accept that she suffers thirst although water is near but you keep it from her? You should know that her need for compliments and tender words is as real as her need for sustenance, clothing, and other things that you believe to be the source of happiness. "

read more here.


but the fav part of all for me.

let's say we are getting a little pudgy and we ask you that question "sayang, do you think i am fat?"
.....

"The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) is reported to have said: “Lying can be permissible in three cases:
war (for deceiving the enemy), reconciliation between disputing people, and the compliments between husband and wife.” "


but of course, you already know the answer don't you..the hadith just makes it even better..

4 Comments:

Blogger citizen girl said...

very interesting article..

dian told me that you guys met at a kenduri when she came over to my place yesterday..

9:51 AM  
Blogger phyzis said...

yes..met her..and her very sihat daughter..very chubby wubby baby.

11:24 AM  
Blogger tea said...

ohh i am so the neber fat..kalau underweight tuh, my whole life la.. and it'd be a miracle if 1 day i were to ask him TT question: am i fat?? cant wait to ask tt actually...heheh ;P

1:25 PM  
Blogger phyzis said...

tea,
awak memang lah kecik cute :)

so qn tu not valid lah..heh

9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home