phyzis

Monday, April 18, 2005



in the news lately;

about that p/s/c s/c/h/o/l/a/r in the news ( somehow all these scholars seem to hogging the news tis days with their misdeeds! )...my two cents on this matter as i was telling him;

the father of the s/c/h/o/l/a/r in an attempt to defend his son, not being a r/a/c/i/s/t, went to say he went for volunteer trips to nepal to teach english and also work with minorities in the US. somehow i personally dont think that is good enough to say one is not a racist. yes i am questioning the sincerity of some people who go for such trips, especially knowing for a fact that we have many young careerists in schools. especially those who feel they are eligible for scholarships and such things do good for one's resumes. of coz i know of people who are eligible for scholarships who do such things and who do it out of the kindness of their hearts...it's just that i know the other type..so the only solid defence this guy can have, will be if his minority friends be it indian or malay come up and speak up for him..let's just see..i seriously doubt he has any...

and i found it laughable, the only lame thing the s/c/h/o/l/a/r himself had to say to the media:

"He said: 'I guess I was not myself when I wrote those things. I don't use my own persona when I write on my blog. I realise they were in very poor taste and I deeply regret my actions. I am not like that.'"

duh! i think it's just BS to save his skin. anyone who blogs know how it is when one blogs, even the whys and how comes of blogging, rite... and even to have an alt ego or persona of such is equally worrying..

anyway, this was what he had on his blog..taken from another blog:

"his entry on April 10th 2005 :

somehow, the singaporean association here in my school has become an indian association. so gross. and somemore non-singaporean. its just so repulsive…these ugly guys with dark skin n irksome features. ya. i discovered i’m so racist. at the club (under lighting in which everyone is supposed to look good), i still find indians and filipinos (dark ones) so repulsive n such a turn-off. anyway, so now we have this ugly mass as our president. n his indian counterpart who isn’t even singaporean is our senator. what is the world coming to? why are indians dominating the singaporeans here?
all these mang ka-li….gross gross. don’t come near me!"


It just gets better…

In his entry dated April 21 2004

i think an issue which finally dawned on me is that my family is pretty impressive in some senses… like i told my di i realised it…n he was like “duh”. hahahaha. putting it in light of sociological analysis (ahem)…maybe i was justified to have not noticed it earlier. coz i have always been in like the “best”….since pri sch. thru RI, n HCJC. like it juz seemed “normal” that everyone was getting scholarships n everyone was smart. but i suppose to many others, this didn’t seem “normal.” den my bro got into GEP n got straight As for A levels etc…it just didn’t seem out of the ordinary for me. now i think about it, actually it is.

n the followup question is always : is ur sister stressed? i think somehow me n aaron came to e same ans…sadly to say, if u’re pretty far frm comparison u juz dun bother to compare. (like, does proton saga compare itself to a jaguar??) or there is juz little need to compare.
not saying proud or anything. juz a sociological observation.ha…i love sociology!!!!
"


just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. racism+eltism. this coming from the so called elite that had been highlighted in the media..and suppose he is one day positioned to be high ranked in the government..well...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home