phyzis

Sunday, March 27, 2005

a regretful scheduleing of events


one of my grandaunts passed away early sat morning. the day before she had called my mum to ask when i was coming to visit her.she was expecting us on friday. i was told she had her maid to clean the house and was already planning the menu.

we had planned to do our visits over the weekend (sat-sun) and had informed my parents earlier of our schedule..our wardrobe arrived on thurs evening and we wanted to clean up our entire place and get things in order the good friday.

as i found out, the tradition of sembah menyembah is a big thing with the old folks in my family. we did visit one today to another nenek sedara and she as her late sister had indeed worked out a complete meal with desserts and even had presents for us.

so right now i have this big regret in my heart. that we didnt visit my late grandaunt any earlier. my mum too was rather affected by it as she was the closest nenek sedara to our family after my late granny passed away.

but i guess it's fate. my late grandaunt just had her checkup last thurs and had a clean bill of health. her death was fast, sudden and totally unexpected for all that there was much outpouring of emotion at her funeral. i was slightly numbed and felt that it was surreal..as i always feel with big changes..

the emotion is just starting to creep in slowly now.

2 Comments:

Blogger jemima.j. said...

my condolences to you and family..

be strong.

n nice to know that you blog again. have a great wkend is!

10:52 PM  
Blogger zaniack said...

my condolences to u and famili. hope you all stay strong. my doas are with you.

9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home