phyzis

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

notables II ...and on cooking

more food blogs i like:

-gilarumah.blogspot.com
-chubbyhubby.net
-makansakan.com
-joonelovesfood.blogspot.com
-chezpim.typepad.com
-cookingforengineers.com
...............................................................................

she said i have been cooking a lot recently, based on what she has been reading here. told her, not really...coz my hubby has a rating for my cooking ..based on the fact that i seldom cook. and because of that i have decided to continue to record my cooking mini successes and note them so that he remembers that his wife does cook..okay..

i enjoy cooking. coz i like to eat. i can get almost a mini orgasmic reaction to good food.. really. a few friends and of coz the husband have witnessed the toe curling act when i have something divine..hahahahah..and something divine doesnt have to be pricey for me.. once it was while having masala cha with some good dark chocolates..

and i do get upset when i fall sick and my tastebuds go all bland. to make me feel that i am not so sickly and to make me feel more alive, i'll eat stuffs most unsuitable for a sick person..like all the fried stuffs especially.


so does my husband. he likes to eat and he enjoys cooking.. so when we want to prepare something together, take the pizza for example..he will always have some idea of his own on how to do it differently from mine. so we always end up doing two versions of things we cook together. the pasta dishes. the wraps. the fried noodles.

his signature dish by the way is, mee hongkong..it's good. my mum says so too..and when he does this..i am not allowed to help in the kitchen.....it beats me..maybe he has his own secret recipe to guard.

my cooking is still in the experimenting stage so i do have my share of cooking disasters..hence a novice at it. but i perserve on...and try to learn from the mistakes...

have to say too..i can only take to simple recipes..the recipes that have ingredients categorised in bahan A; bahan B; bahan C ....kind of scare me right now...like alot of the recipes in asma laili's books..hahahah...so the stuffs i try out for now are the simple ones.

i especially enjoy baking. not that i am good at it but its therapuetic and comforting ..plus i find baking easier than making dishes. dishes are subject to one's tastebuds and preference( i like my stuffs less salt, less chilli..) and therefore involves agak-ration..

baking is more about ratios, proportions, precision and reactions. somethings i am more comfortable with :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home