phyzis

Wednesday, August 11, 2004


wedding thoughts are coming back to me..coz someone's getting married this sat..and i am getting excited about it..eventho it's not my turn. yet. but she had shared her wedding planning process and it's finally here. so i am excited about it.

its very very exciting intoxicating planning for a wedding. but i got to this phase right after engangement of feeling to be a guilty "bride to be"..hahah why? coz he was warning me NOT to be a minah kahwin kahwin..and when i was younger..i had even proclaimed to my mum, i will NOT sit on a pelamin or have ONE for that matter. now i want the traditional works and a nice pretty colour coordinated pelamin. heh

anyway, indiebride has a new article on it..

"So it has come as somewhat of a surprise to me that I am wearing a large, sparkly diamond on my left ring finger. ......And my dress? White. Not ivory, not eggshell, but pure, virginal, bridal white. With a train. And a veil. A long veil....
When I describe the event to people, I always try to make it sound like I got pressured into it. "I'm the only daughter of an only daughter," I'll say, shrugging. ...." People will nod, yes, of course, big wedding--makes sense. "My grandparents are getting old," I'll say, "and you never know how many more events we'll have together." Never mind that my grandparents are all pretty spry (knock on wood)--I'd rather conjure up images of walkers and oxygen tanks than admit I'm having a big white wedding because I want to"


but like the writer, i think i have come to terms with this affair of wedding planning. i NO LONGER feel like guilty bride to be no more..i just feel like cant wait to be a BRIDE meself..hahahah..i have become domesticated. i am learning to cook and definitely like the idea of nesting..


"So I'm making peace with myself about my matching baby blue toile apron and oven mitt, ..... and the Ken and Barbie aspects of my partnership... I suppose I've proved myself capable enough in the world that I can be the girly girl at home every once in a while. Perhaps he isn't alienating me from my true identity but bringing me closer to parts of it I denied in the past: the trusting parts, the nurturing ones. When I think of it this way, my old life...was more of a betrayal of myself than my new one."












0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home