phyzis

Saturday, December 25, 2004



she is a gem. she wrote aboutagirl who inspired her..but i find her story spoke to me.

"I had poor self confidence. I floated through life, watching from the outside with fogged visions of what I could have, what I could be, if only things had been that and life had been this. I was tired of collecting broken bits and piecing it back together. Every year I tell myself things will change, things will get better, tomorrow is new, I will be that great person I was destined to be, but no, only days are new, I am still old, with habits that are stale and my life is an assortment of old mould and new fungus." ~ ohbliss.com


today i met a friend who updated me about a certain girl we both knew. she's the type that everygirl can easily hate, coz she has the looks (she once modeled), the money, the brains(double degreed), and a rich husband (who also has the looks, once being the face in citibank card ad)..the most enviable thing tho she has a great drive and motivation..as my friend said, 'she's really garang'..now pregnant after quiting from her rather enviable career, she decided to one day take up writing class, walked up to a woman's mag and marketed and sold herself to them to give her a job. and she got it.

she reminded me then of the go-getters that najah desribed..

"The Go-Getters are the ones who keep their face to the sun (misquoting Helen Keller). You can recognise them by the boundless energy and their relentless spirit. A problem is not a problem, it's a challenge. And they live by these challenges, for they live by the principle that each challenge brings about new opportunities. Each opportunity becomes a stepping stone to their next challenge. They repeat this and become "overnight" successes." ~http://annot8.najahnasseri.org/


i knew her rather well sometime back, and we did a personality profiling exercise together once..and she turned out to be type A. which is the go-getter. the type that does not let life happen but carve out life for themselves. she is blessed of course..but i also know she had her troubles and seen her cry openly, though discretely before.

people always forget that someone who seems to have such a charmed life has problems..coz they choose not to let it show most times. her charmed life i feel then is not about her material or physical possesions but her attitude towards life.

i have not been good lately. i have been bad..and in turn could have unwittingly drag people i care about down. and reading ohbliss and najah, and rememebering A, makes me wish for one thing next year..

to have courage...that means, not to be afraid, not to let my insecurities take over, not to worry, but just get on to doing things .

~have a good year ahead in advance.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home