phyzis

Tuesday, September 21, 2004


beauty story 1:

was at sasa the other day, browsing for some skincare products when a range of products on the shelf stopped me in my tracks.

"97.5% human placenta" main ingredient"

check out maylande.com

Maylande founder May Liu said: 'When I was young, my mum boiled placenta and made into a soup. I didn't know it was good for health but now I do.'

Mrs Liu said she had visited the factories: 'The placentas are still dripping with blood. Then they are tested for HIV and other diseases.'

The placentas are processed to extract the active element for the Maylande treatments, the amino acids - proteins which help regenerate cells.

For the tonic, no flavourings or additives are added.

For the facial essence, a small amount of antiseptic is added.

And for the hair tonic, a dash of water, menthol and citric acid is added, according to Mrs Liu.

Mrs Liu could not say who the manufacturers were, due to a confidentiality agreement.

Placenta is found in many cosmetics in Asia and the West. "




*gulp* read those labels next time, kay.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home